Smoked Baltic Punch
Just in time for the holidays, we’d like to share with you Rafal Ciesielski’s recipe for a Smoked Baltic Punch. Check out more from Rafal in the Polish Barmagazyn!
1 part vodka
½ part Orange Curacao
½ part Blue Curacao (infused with citrus peel)
¼ part Campari
1 part pressed apple juice (not sweet but as sour as possible)
¼ part lemon shrub (see recipe below)
4 cinnamon sticks and vanilla pods for smoking
1. Mix all ingredients and chill for 2 hours before serving and smoking
2. Load combustion chamber of The Smoking Gun™ with crushed pieces of cinnamon stick and vanilla pod
3. Cover Punch bowl with plastic wrap or lid
4. Inject smoke into bowl with nozzle extension while slightly stirring the punch
5. Repeat 1-3 times depending on your desired level of smoke
1. Prepare punch
2. Place punch glasses upside down and fill with vanilla and cinnamon smoke. Rest glass with smoke for 30-60 seconds. The smoke will build a fine film on the glass wall and transfer its aroma into the punch when serving.
3. Put glass upright and serve punch in the smoked glass.
Take the peel off the lemons first and roughly ribbon. Juice the lemons, and however many cups of juice are extracted match that with the same amount of sugar. Layer the sugar and zests in a Boston tin, and muddle thoroughly until all the sugar is damp. Let the zest and lemon compound rest at room temperature for at least half an hour, then give another muddle and stir. Add the lemon juice, and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Fine strain the zests out of the mixture.