Smoked Deviled Eggs Topped with Vacuum Pickled Onions
Thanks to Sheri Codiana for inspiring this recipe!
5.6g Baking soda
8g Dijon Mustard
4g White Vinegar
Black pepper, to taste
- Combine the water, eggs and baking soda in a large pot over high heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, start a 7 minute timer.
- After 7 minutes has passed, place the eggs in a heavily iced bath.
- Once the eggs have fully chilled, peel the eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half and scoop out the insides.
- Place the egg whites in a container large enough to accommodate them.
- Insert the flexible tube of The Smoking Gun® into the container and fill it with a dense smoke for 30 seconds.
- Let the whites absorb the smoke for 5 minutes.
- Combine the yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pipe the egg yolk mixture into the smoked egg whites and top the eggs with the pickled red onions.
Vacuum Pickled Red Onions
333g Red onion (shaved)
300g Simple syrup
300g Red Wine Vinegar
- Combine the onion, simple syrup and vinegar in a vacuum pouch.
- Vacuum seal the onions on high and refrigerate the onions overnight.