- Sous Vide Precise Temperature Cooking Systems™ Controllers
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulators
- Complete Precise Temperature Cooking Systems
- Sous Vide Reference Tools
- Sous Vide Accessories
- Vacuum Sealers
- The Anti-Griddle®
- The Smoking Gun®
- The Sonicprep™
- Rotary Vacuum Evaporation System
- Cooking Techniques
- Sous Vide Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
The Sonicprep Ultrasonic Homogenizer
Sonicate to New Culinary Directions
The PolyScience Sonicprep emits ultrasonic sound waves or "sonicates" to extract, infuse, homogenize, emulsify, suspend, de-gas or even rapidly create barrel-aged flavor. By applying low heat vibrations of sound energy, this new PolyScience machine provides you an incredible range of techniques.
The system is comprised of just four components: a generator, converter, probe and sound box. In any low-to medium-viscosity liquid, the probe tip releases rapid, high-frequency ultrasonic vibration waves that expand and collapse microscopic bubbles at 20,000 cycle per second. The process takes just 2-3 minutes and generates only insignificant amounts of heat, preserving vivid colors, aromas and nutrients, while producing rounder and smoother overall flavors. The short processing times provide maximum operational flexibility for chefs.Open up even more culinary horizons:
- Make vinaigrettes without using an emulsifier
- Give wine a fuller and rounder mouth feel
- Infuse cocktails and other liquids with volatile aromas of fresh herbs or spices
- Intensify fruit or vegetable pulp for sauces and puree
- Tenderize and marinate meat in seconds
- Boost flavor without overcooking fish and other delicate proteins
Examples of Sonicprep applications:
- Stable Emulsions: create a very fine suspension of liquids that don't mix (vinaigrette) without using an emulsifying agent.
- Aging calvados with wood chips in less than 2 minutes with a flavor effect that would usually take 2 years.
- Degas and homogenize wine: wine treated for 1-2 minutes will appear with a much fuller and rounder mouth feel.
- Infusions and extractions: volatile aromas of fresh herbs or spices can be quickly infused into a liquid, such as a cocktail.
- Intensifying fruit or vegetable pulp for sauces and purée by cell disruption
- Tenderizing and marinating meat
- Intensify stocks: apply Sonicprep™ to shrimp stock and achieve more intense flavor without overcooking the delicate protein.
Weight & Dimensions
- Generator Dimensions (HxWxD): 8.8 x 7.4 x 16.8in / 43 x 36 x 61cm
- Sound Box Dimensions (HxWxD): 24 x 17 x 14in / 60 x 43 x 36cm
- Generator Weight: 25 lbs / 11.3 kg
Shipping Weight & Dimensions (Ships in two boxes)
- Box 1 Weight: 27 lbs / 12.25kg
- Box 1 Dimensions: 28 x 14 x 16 in / 71 x 35.6 x 40.6 cm
- Box 2 Weight: 47 lbs / 21.3 kg
- Box 2 Dimensions: 21 x 17 x 28 in / 53.3 x 43.2 x 71.1 cm