- Sous Vide Immersion Circulators
- Complete Precise Temperature Cooking Systems
- Sous Vide Reference Tools
- Sous Vide Accessories
- Vacuum Sealers
- The Anti-Griddle®
- The Smoking Gun®
- The Sonicprep™
- Rotary Vacuum Evaporation System
- Cooking Techniques
- Sous Vide Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Flash Freeze Your Way to New Terrain
PolyScience temperature control expertise goes well beyond Sous Vide and other methods of adding heat. We're also experts at taking heat away quickly.
The resulting flash freezing enables you to quickly turn sauces, purees, crèmes, vinaigrettes and other foods into very different solid or semi-frozen creations. Cool, creamy centers and crunchy surfaces can be created in just seconds with the PolyScience Anti-Griddle featuring a -30°F / -34.4°C plate that allows rapid unidirectional freezing.
The Anti-Griddle flash freezing technique, originally inspired by Chef Grant Achatz, allows you to easily prepare appealing dual-texture creations and explore an entirely new culinary realm. The possibilities are truly endless.
- Create frozen desserts and appetizers with cool, liquid centers
- Combine flash frozen lollipops with a novel ingredient in place of traditional sticks. For example, a vanilla caramel ice cream lollipop on a rosemary sprig
- Top salads with frozen vinaigrettes that melt on the plate when served
- Adorn dishes with intricate frozen ornaments, easily transferred from the Anti-Griddle to the plate
- Flash freeze tableside or at the buffet to provide guests with unique, personal and exciting dining experiences
Winner of MadridFusión Innovation Award and Food Network's Award for Tasty Technology
Within 5-10 minutes the Anti-Griddle® surface will reach a temperature at -30 °F. Applying a thin film of olive oil before freezing the griddle surface will work as a release agent.
"The possibilities are endless. We re-invented smores with a frozen marshmallow, liquid center chocolate, covered with Graham Crackers. This machine makes us rethink what we can actually do. Not only in the restaurant but actually at home with kids and family."
-Matthias Merges, Charlie Trotter Restaurant, Chicago
Some Anti-Griddle® inspired creations:
- Frozen salmon mousse
- Rhubarb Jasmine Merengue
- Caramel-Rosemary vanilla lollipops, liquid center and served on a rosemary stick
- Vanilla-orange swirl with strawberry wings
- Peanut butter brownie in a frozen crème anglaise coating
- Cooking Temperature: Fixed at -30 °F / -34.44 °C
- Electrical Power: 120 V 60Hz 6.5 amps / 240 V 50Hz 3.5 amps
- Griddle Dimensions: (L x W): 14.5 in x 9.38 in / 36.8 cm x 23.8 cm
- Overall Dimensions: (L x W x H): 15.88 x 18.38 x 10.5 in / 40.3 x 46.7 x 26.7 cm
- Shipping Dimensions: (L x W x H): 23 x 22 x 21in / 58.4 x 55.9 x 53.3cm
- Machine Weight: 69lbs / 31.3kg
- Shipping Weight: 76lbs / 34.5kg
- Shipping Method: Standard Ground